This interactive and practical workshop explores individual and cultural bias that impact on our working relationships. It allows people, in a safe environment to both understand unconscious bias and develop personal strategies to ensure personal biases and emotional resilience are effectively managed.
Date: September 16th and 17th
Day 1 – Half a day : Are you conscious of your unconscious bias
- Defining unconscious bias
- Recognising the science behind unconscious bias
- Identifying personal and business reasons to tackle unconscious bias
- Understanding organisational and individual biases and assessing their impact
- Identifying strategies to minimise the impact of biases on key business and people functions
- Creating personal strategies to minimise the impact of our own biases
- Accepting that one’s perceptions may not always be correct
- How different groups identify things differently( social identity theory)
- How necessary it is to break the mould of labelling and stereotyping ( gender schema theory)
- Can precise procedural instructions supplement context in communication?
- Understand that in the workplace there are always multiple solutions – depending on personal perceptions
- Being “conscious of your unconscious” as an ability to introduce or create a new point of view in the minds of others to facilitate change ( implicit associate test)
- Understanding discrimination/ Relevant Legislation
Day Two – Emotional Resilience in the workplace:
It gives you very real and concrete benefits and should be an essential element of any staff development programme:
- You are better able to maintain a positive work environment.
- You are better able to influence outcomes in your favour, particularly when handling difficult prospects or tough negotiations.
- You are better equipped to handle conflict and to make people feel like they are being listened to and understood
- In general, you are better equipped to handle the ever-increasing pressures of a modern workplace.
This session sets out to provide your participants with the fundamental knowledge required to develop their awareness of EI and in doing so help them to perform more effectively.
This session is based on the 5 domains of Emotional Intelligence from Daniel Goleman’s book “Emotional Intelligence”: