- Blockchain is still an emerging enterprise technology, so it wasn’t a surprise that in a recent Tech Pro Research survey, 70% of professionals who responded said they hadn’t used it. However, 64% said that they expect blockchain to affect their industry in some way, with most of that group predicting a positive impact.
The survey asked the following questions:
- How well do you understand blockchain technology?
- Have you had any experience using blockchain, either personally or professionally?
- Have you used smart contracts?
- How would you describe the role of blockchain at your company?
- Do you think blockchain will affect your industry, either positively or negatively, at any point?
- Do you think blockchain will have a major effect on any industries in the next 10 years?
- What effect, if any, do you think blockchain will have in your daily life in the next five years?
- What do you think would need to happen in order for widespread adoption of blockchain to occur?
The last two questions were optional, and open-ended. Respondent opinions about blockchain’s impact on daily life over the next five years was divided. Some said the technology would be revolutionary, while others dismissed it entirely. When asked what needs to happen in order for blockchain to gain more widespread use, two main themes emerged: education and usability. Many respondents pointed out that the public needs more education about what blockchain is, and what it does, and others said a major use case needs to emerge.
Read More: http://www.techproresearch.com/downloads/research-the-current-state-and-predictions-for-the-future-of-blockchain-in-the-enterprise/