20 May Tech Founders Strategy Workshop
Are you an incorporated start up, based in (or trading from) London, who would like to learn from founders who have successfully raised investment for their own startups?
Do you have ambitions to grow quickly?
Are you seeking direction in your business, team or product development?
Are you searching for investment and growth readiness support?
UCL and Capital Enterprise have joined forces to run a one-day workshop for London’s CASTS (Capital Accelerate and Scale Tech Superstars) programme. Focused on aspiring London tech companies, CASTS helps tech companies or companies with tech functions to scale and grow rapidly.
This course is be split over two days, the first of which is the main workshop. The second is a follow up clinic in which the course directors will drill down into your specific challenges. You’ll also be expected to share work you’ve done since the first workshop
In the Main workshop, expert consultants will guide small groups through:
1) An assessment of your business stage, mapped against where you want to be in a specific time-frame
2) Developing an investment readiness plan
3) Developing a growth readiness plan
Through the course of this programme, you will be able to:
- Understand what is unique about your business and build your business model around it
- Understand your competition and act on early signs that you need to pivot
- Develop a compelling product/service message and architecture and an aligned operational plan
- Assess your operations, promotions and resources as you ramp up and create a team and operations practices that grow iteratively
- Understand when to subcontract and when to hire
- Plan for financial success and understand the key pitfalls in surviving years 1-2
- Plan for future growth and avoid growing too quickly
- Get investor ready – understand your investment readiness gaps and what investors are really looking for in your sector