GDPR, four letters that have had many of us exercised and concerned over the past months, but also four letters too many are still ignoring. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will become law on the 25th May 2018, introducing new rules for obtaining and storing data as well as new penalties and new powers for the ICO.
The GDPR brings in new requirements around transparency with severe fines for offenders who fail to comply either in holding data or more severely if the data is lost through a cyber breach.
Over the course of the afternoon, this briefing for leaders in the Public Sector, will be looking at the whole GDPR topic. We will look at how it impacts the whole orgainsation, not just the user-facing end and will cover off what leaders need to know about consent as well as the details of opting in and out.
Join us to:
- Plan ahead for the introduction of the GDPR and understand your organisation’s obligations under the new regulations
- Hear from leading experts in the field of data protection and benefit from unique insights into the implications of GDPR
- Quiz our table experts about what GDPR will mean for your organisation
- Network with other Digital Leaders from the public sector
- Theo Blackwell, Chief Digital Officer for London
- Nicky Stewart, Commercial Director atUKCloud
- Shadi A. Razak, Chief Technology Officer and Director of Cyber Security & Compliance at CyNation
Please note that places at the Briefing are limited, so please apply for a ticket now to avoid disappointment.
The Briefings events are supported by our GDPR Partner – CyNation.
DATE AND TIME
Tue, December 5, 2017
1:30 PM – 4:00 PM GMT
239 Old Street