GDPR, four letters that have had many of us exercised and concerned over the past months, but also four letters too many are still ignoring. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will become law on the 25th May 2018, introducing new rules for obtaining and storing data as well as new penalties and new powers for the ICO.
In terms of Brexit, the legislation arrives before the separation takes place and the UK has decided to adopt the regulations in full and implement its terms in UK law.
Over the course of the morning, this briefing for leaders will be looking at the whole GDPR topic. We will look at how it impacts the whole business not just the user-facing end and will cover off what leaders need to know about consent as well as the details of opting in and out.
Join us to:
• Plan ahead for the introduction of the GDPR and understand your organisation’s obligations under the new regulations
• Hear from leading experts in the field of data protection and benefit from unique insights into the implications of GDPR
• Quiz the panel of experts about what GDPR will mean for your organisation
• Network with other Digital Leaders from the private sector
• Discover how new products can improve data collection and management
- Jacqueline de Rojas, Digital Leaders Advisory Board Member and President of TechUK
- Shadi A. Razak, Chief Technology Officer and Director of Cyber Security & Compliance at CyNation
- John Unsworth, Chief Executive of the London Digital Security Centre
- Nick Wilding, General Manager- Cyber Resilience, AXELOS Global Best Practice
Please note that places at the Briefing are limited, so please apply for a ticket now to avoid disappointment.
The Briefings events are supported by our GDPR Partner – CyNation
DATE AND TIME
Tue, December 5, 2017
9:00 AM – 12:00 PM GMT
239 Old Street